Ivywood Classical Academy is a tuition-free public school academy that educates students using the virtues-based, content-rich, classical education tradition. The classical curriculum is time-tested, research-based and is proven to develop children into thoughtful, caring, educated, freethinking young adults. The curriculum emphasizes education in the humanities, sciences, and arts and integrates the Latin language to promote depth in learning. Currently serving grades K-6, we will be adding a seventh grade in the fall of 2021/2022.
At Ivywood, your child is our priority. We treat each child as an individual and are vested in their success. At Ivywood, we are family.
10 Reasons to Choose Classical Education for Your Child
Your child will be…
- Encouraged to think independently, observe, and articulate.
- Trained in study skills, such as time management, organization, and note taking, which are essential for building stamina for further academic pursuits.
- Challenged academically and inspired by creativity.
- Taught history through primary source documents to foster analytical skills and essential insight into their culture and heritage.
- Introduced to Latin roots, which improve reading comprehension, increase vocabulary, and bolster performance in all subjects.
- In a safe learning environment that instills virtues.
- Supported to excel in their unique potential.
- Provided with a rigorous curriculum that promotes excellence.
- Equipped with the wisdom and understanding necessary to be courageous in a world of conflicting ideas.
- Provided with a classical liberal arts education appropriate for their age and stage of learning.
At Ivywood, our amazing teachers inspire the love of learning in your child! Our culture is built on mutual respect, trust and heart. It is a community that is inviting, welcoming and a joyous place to be. Students at every age practice critical thinking and actively engage in learning through the socratic teaching method. At Ivywood, teachers are the heart of the school and are surrounded by a support system that is committed to the success of every child. Students at Ivywood thrive within the school’s high expectations and parents are actively engaged, providing a positive learning experience for each child. Classical education embraces the concept of educating the whole child and the notion that children are more than their standardized test scores. In addition to rigorous academics, students explore creative outlets in art and music contributing to the development of well-rounded individuals.
UPCOMING BOARD MEETINGS
All board meetings will be the third Tuesday of every month at 6:30 p.m. at Ivywood Classical Academy.
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
This will allow you to stay up-to-date on the latest happenings at Ivywood Classical Academy. Please double check your spam folders to ensure you receive your confirmation email.