Working At Ivywood Classical Academy
Ivywood Classical Academy is a public charter school serving families in Southeast Michigan. The academy currently serves students in grades K – 7. The academy is adding one grade per year through 12th grade and will be a K-12 academy by 2026. We are looking for educators and staff members who are passionate and driven with a love for children and education.
Ivywood Classical Academy is a part of the Choice Schools Associates network of schools. Choice employs more than 600 educators and was named a Detroit Free Press 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 “Top Place to Work” based on employee surveys. Choice partners with school communities, empowering and equipping them to fulfill their unique mission and prioritizes the recruitment and retention of top talent as a critical component of success.
What kind of school is Ivywood Classical Academy?
If you are looking to inspire the love of learning in children, Ivywood is for you! Our culture is built on mutual respect, trust and heart. It is a community that is inviting, welcoming and a joyous place to be. Students at every age practice critical thinking and actively engage in learning through the Socratic teaching method.
At Ivywood, teachers are the heart of the school and are surrounded by a support system that is committed to the success of every child. Students at Ivywood thrive within the school’s high expectations and parents are actively engaged, providing a positive learning experience for each child. Classical education embraces the concept of educating the whole child and the notion that children are more than their standardized test scores. In addition to rigorous academics, students explore creative outlets in art and music contributing to the development of well-rounded individuals.
Benefits and Opportunities at Ivywood
- Teachers and staff support each other. Each building has instructional coaches, trained student advocates, a dean of students, social workers, and a team of support staff to assist teachers.
- Planning time during lunch and encore classes.
- Robust professional development.
- A collaborative and professional environment.
- Work-life fulfillment.
- Competitive compensation.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance as well as teladoc and flex-spending accounts.
- 401(K) retirement plan options with up to a 5% match.
- 529 educational savings plan.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Paid time off in addition to regularly scheduled holidays.
- Employer-paid life insurance and short-term disability.
- Maternity and paternity pay.
- Teacher in Residency Program.
- Educational Assistance Program.
- Career pathways for professional growth.
- Fun employee perks and discounts.