We are excited to be partnering with the YMCA to offer before and after school care for our students.
Academic success and developing positive lifelong skills is the overall goal of the before and after school programs. This is achieved through the following:
- Encouraging self-discipline and self-worth in each individual child.
- Providing opportunities to make new friends.
- Help children understand the changing world, respect people of different ages, abilities, incomes, races, religions, cultures, and beliefs.
- Provide children with the opportunity to become leaders and supporters.
- Helping children develop skills to interact with peers in a positive manner.
- Providing a consistent daily schedule to help with feelings of security and control in the environment.
- Offering a variety of materials and activities for varying attention spans.
- Offering free choice activity times to foster independent choice, sharing, cooperation, and exchange of ideas.
- Offering a homework area where children may work on homework and get assistance.
- Providing games that may encourage a variety of skills, including language skills, math skills, and an interest in science.
- Encouraging healthy eating habits and lifestyle following HEPA and CATCH standards.
- Supporting and assisting the parent to strengthen parent-child relationships and to increase the importance of the family unit.